ICC ODI World Cup 2023 IND vs SL: ODI Stats, Records, Schedule & Pitch Report Of Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. On November 2nd, the Wankhede Cricket Stadium in Mumbai marked a historic landmark also known as Mumbai Cricket Stadium, achievement as it played host to a World Cup match. This momentous event is poised to showcase an exciting face-off between India and Sri Lanka in the ICC World Cup 2023.
The Cricket World Cup has made its way to Mumbai, with the iconic Wankhede Stadium scheduled to stage its third match of the tournament on November 2nd. Thursday will see an exciting clash between India and Sri Lanka at this renowned venue, followed by two more games. While eager fans anticipated the upcoming event, they are excited about gaining insights into the Mumbai Cricket Stadium.
The Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai holds an iconic status, being the venue for numerous unforgettable matches, including the 2011 World Cup Final and Sachin Tendulkar’s final international match. While it may not be one of the largest cricket stadiums, with a seating capacity of 39,000, it is certainly famous for its electrifying atmosphere.
Wankhede Stadium, a renowned cricket venue, began hosting international matches in 1975 with a Test match between India and the West Indies. In 1987, it held its first ODI, featuring India and Sri Lanka. Over the years, it has become a prominent cricket ground in India and proudly serves as the home ground for the IPL team, the Mumbai Indians. Wankhede Stadium is currently hosting five matches during the ICC World Cup 2023, including a crucial semi-final on November 15.
Wankhede Cricket Stadium ODI Stats & Records
- Total Matches: 31 matches
- Won by Batting First: 16 matches
- Won by Bowling First: 15 matches
- Average 1st Innings Total: 243 runs
- Average 2nd Innings Total: 201 runs
- Highest Total: 438/4 runs by South Africa in 2015
- Lowest Total: 79/10 runs by Indian women
- Highest Total Chased: 284/4 by New Zealand vs India
- Lowest Total Defended: 192/9 runs by West Indies vs India
- Highest Individual Score: 151 runs by S. Jayasuriya (Sri Lanka)
- Best Bowling Figure: 6/27 by Murli Kartik (India)
ICC World Cup 2023 Schedule In Wankhede Stadium
- England vs South Africa on 21 October at 02:00 PM IST (South Africa won by 229 runs)
- South Africa vs Bangladesh on 24 October at 02:00 PM IST (South Africa won by 149 runs)
- India vs Sri Lanka on 02 November at 02:00 PM IST
- Australia vs Afghanistan on 07 November at 02:00 PM IST
- TBC vs TBS (Semi Final) on 15 November at 02:00 PM IST
Wankhede Stadium Pitch Report For IND vs SL
The Wankhede Stadium pitch caters to both fast bowlers and spinners, although it predominantly favours swing bowlers, especially in the early part of the game. As the match progresses, spinners tend to find their groove and make an impact. However, Batsmen can accumulate substantial runs by exhibiting patience and executing well-timed shots. Consequently, the team winning the toss might contemplate choosing to bowl first, capitalizing on the favourable conditions.
India Full Squad
Hardik Pandya (vc), Shubman Gill, Mohammed Siraj, Ravichandran Ashwin, KL Rahul, Ishan Kishan, Virat Kohli, Jasprit Bumrah, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Rohit Sharma (Captain).
Sri Lanka Full Squad
Charith Asalanka, Kusal Mendis (vc), Matheesha Pathirana, Pathum Nissanka, Dushan Hemantha, Dasun Shanaka (c), Sadeera Samarawickrama, Lahiru Kumara, Kusal Perera, Dunith Wellalage, Mahesh Theekshana, Kasun Rajitha, Dhananjaya de Silva, Dimuth Karunaratne, Dilshan Madushanka.